Annual Health Care Summit 2018
Our health care systems are being challenged. From the rise in chronic diseases to an aging and growing society, as well as the depletion of health funds, governments and health professionals must develop innovative solutions to keep our systems effective and sustainable.
There is a growing call to shift from a “break-fix” reactive model to a more proactive and predictive one. But as our health care systems are highly focused on acute care and curative medicine, going beyond easy fixes to incorporate prevention of all levels into systems’ culture, incentive schemes, funding models and organization will require a systemic change.
- Acute care, home care, prevention – how to find the right balance?
- What are the new business and funding models that will allow for this systemic shift?
- How can we leverage new technologies to make our health care systems more proactive, preventive and patient-centered?
- From nutrition and exercise, e-health apps and telemedicine to predictive testing – how can resources be allocated in the most sustainable and effective way between different levels of prevention?
- What are the most urgent questions to answer to make sure new advances in medicine and technology don’t create more problems than they solve?
On October 8-9, 2018, POLITICO and Le Temps are bringing the Annual Health Care Summit back to Geneva for what will be its third successful edition. We’ll gather the industry’s top minds together with key policymakers, scientists and patient representatives to tackle global preventive health challenges head-on, reveal some of the latest cutting-edge technologies in predictive medicine and prescribe solutions to meet the health care sector’s most pressing concerns.