How can investors and companies contribute to the goal of building peace?
The 2015 launch of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) made clear that the global community relies heavily on the private sector to solve some of the most urgent problems faced by the world. This event will explore how to leverage trends in sustainable investment to better align them with the SDGs–SDG 16 in particular. It will provide practical insights from sustainable investment experts and company representatives on how to mobilise investors and the corporate sector to contribute to SDG 16, and will highlight Geneva-based investment initiatives that link the worlds of finance and peacebuilding, notably, the newly established Cadmos Peace Investment fund.
- Alan Doss, Executive Director, Kofi Annan Foundation
- Jean-Yves Art, Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships, Microsoft
- Catriona Gourlay, Executive Director, PeaceNexus Foundation
- Melchior de Muralt, Managing Partner, Cadmos Peace Investment Fund, De Pury Pictet Turrettini &Co Ltd
- Nicholas Niggli, Director General, Economic Development, Research & Innovation, Republic and State of Geneva
- Susana Reber, Sustainability Innovation Manager, Nestlé Nespresso S.A.
Chair and Moderator:
- Achim Wennmann, Senior Researcher, Centre on Conflict, Development & Peacebuilding, The Graduate Institute, Geneva and Executive Coordinator, Geneva Peacebuilding Platform